Module 3: Teacher Training for Dancers, Professionals and Educators (Monday-Wednesday, August 8-10) $300
Our teacher-training course is designed for teachers of dance and experienced artists interested in developing their teaching skills in leading physically integrated dance in an inclusive and supportive environment. Drawing on AXIS Dance Company's creative practice, expertise and methodology in teaching physically integrated dance, participants will be exploring the following areas during the three-day course:
- Open door policy- Removing any physical and emotional barriers that prevent people with disabilities from attending class.
- Universal language and communication.
- Exploring a variety of dance techniques, disciplines and approaches to teaching dance.
- Stripping away myths of integrated dance for a realistic approach to teaching inclusivity.
- To challenge and be challenged- A mutual dialogue of respect between teacher and student.
- Body specificity- Working with different bodies to ensure all are challenged and learning.
- Develop useful tools and skills to put into practice.
- Ensuring best practice in physically integrated dance.
- Build teachers' confidence and set up a teachers' network for future support.
- Q&A time for discussion and feedback.
For more information please visit: http://www.axisdance.org/summer-intensive